Thursday 18 February 2016

It's alive... alive!

I've been really looking forward to writing this blog post - the daemonomaniac has finally been painted. Since reading the description of this monster in the army book, I've been intrigued how best to display a giant sized fimir. I mean, what's not to love about the idea of a daemon being bound within a fimir and virtually ripping him apart from the inside out, distorting his form and making him a veritable killing machine in the process?


The picture is so characterful that I was really keen to capture this in my model. I have previously blogged about the making of the model, so I won't go into that again. Instead I'll show you an animation of the finished model from different angles.


I'm really happy with how he's turned out. I think he looks suitably vicious, about to deliver a huge, fatal blow with his axe, before then sweeping his savage, hooked claw through whatever stands in his way. All the bits of binding around his legs, arms, etc were a bit of a pain to paint - I'm not especially good with really fine detail, but I took considerable care on this and managed to get them neatly done. The amount of skulls on this model is frankly ridiculous, but conveys a brilliant character and macabre threat. Again each skull has ties on it which was quite fiddly to do.

Now all that is left to do is to see what havoc it can cause in the battlefield. I know of a chaos dwarf slave army that are getting too cocky and trying to poach slaves from fimir lands. I have a feeling they might find themselves being surrounded by a chilling mist and taught a lesson very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment